This is one of my favorite recipes for a potluck dessert. It can be adapted from Triple Chocolate to Lemon Blueberry to White Chocolate Strawberry just by changing the cake mix, pudding mix and add-on flavors. The cake in the photo is the coconut version.
Here’s the basic recipe:
1 boxed cake mix
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup water
1 package instant pudding
1 cup chosen add-on ingredient (white or chocolate chips, blueberries, coconut, etc.)
Preheat oven to 350F. Mix first 6 ingredients together. Stir in the add-on ingredient. Bake one hour in a greased Bundt pan or other large cake pan.
I like to slightly warm a carton of prepared frosting for a few seconds in the microwave and drizzle it over the cooled cake.
chocolate cake mix, chocolate pudding, chocolate chips, chocolate frosting
lemon cake mix, lemon pudding, blueberries, lemon frosting
strawberry cake mix, strawberry or vanilla pudding mix, white chocolate chips, vanilla frosting
yellow cake mix, vanilla pudding, chocolate chips, chocolate frosting
spice cake mix, vanilla pudding, raisins, cream cheese frosting
white cake mix, coconut cream pudding, coconut flakes, cream cheese frosting (sprinkle top with coconut)
To leave a comment:
- If you are reading this post in email form, click the article headline. This will take you to the article on MMCW’s website.
- Scroll down until you see the box entitled ‘Speak Your Mind’.
- Enter your name, email (it will not be published) and your website or blogsite if you have one (you do not have to have one).
- Click on the big empty space and then begin typing your comments.
- When you are done, click ‘submit comment’. That’s it! We look forward to hearing from YOU!