Choose the vegetable of your choice and make homemade soup tonight!
Melt butter. Add onion and saute. Slowly add flour, salt and pepper, stirring until well combined. Slowly add milk.
Meanwhile, in a separate pan, cook the vegetable in the chicken broth. When the vegetables are cooked through, combine with the milk mixture.
If you want a smooth soup instead of a chunky one, process everything together in a blender or food processor before serving. I often double this recipe to have leftovers.
To leave a comment:
- If you are reading this post in email form, click the article headline. This will take you to the article on MMCW’s website.
- Scroll down until you see the box entitled ‘Speak Your Mind’.
- Enter your name, email (it will not be published) and your website or blogsite if you have one (you do not have to have one).
- Click on the big empty space and then begin typing your comments.
- When you are done, click ‘submit comment’. That’s it! We look forward to hearing from YOU!