While I’m certainly no Julie of Julia and Julie movie fame, I do enjoy cooking my way through a fun cookbook. My latest venture is Weight Watchers From Pantry to Plate picked up for $1.50 in excellent condition at Goodwill a month ago. Not one to leave well enough alone, I adapted the Cucumber-Orange Salad to give it a bit more crunch.
Orange Cucumber Salad
1 large orange, juiced
1/2 lemon or lime, juiced
1 garlic clove, minced (if you love garlic, feel free to add more!)
1/2 tablespoon canola oil
Sea Salt to taste
Combine in a bowl and stir.
1 orange peeled and chopped into bite-sized pieces
1 cucumber peeled and diced into small pieces
1 mini sweet red pepper diced
1 mini yellow pepper diced
1 mini orange pepper diced
1/4 cup sliced black olives
1/4 cup diced red onion
Toss with dressing and serve.
This spring salad is marvelous with grilled chicken and fish. In fact, From Pantry to Plate doubles the liquid recipe and uses 1/2 for a marinade and 1/2 for the salad. The burst of citrus with the crunch of veggies makes it a salad that will be making many return appearances this spring and summer.
To leave a comment:
- If you are reading this post in email form, click the article headline. This will take you to the article on MMCW’s website.
- Scroll down until you see the box entitled ‘Speak Your Mind’.
- Enter your name, email (it will not be published) and your website or blogsite if you have one (you do not have to have one).
- Click on the big empty space and then begin typing your comments.
- When you are done, click ‘submit comment’. That’s it! We look forward to hearing from YOU!
About Kellie Renfroe
Kellie and her husband Greg have been married 32 years and have four children ranging in age from 17 to 28. She co-founded Mentoring Moments for Christian Women in 2005. Kellie is a homeschooling mom who enjoys reading, studying the Bible, writing, photography, and learning how to cook.
- Web |
- More Posts(342)