Life goes all too quickly. Here are 10 ways to ensure that daily living doesn’t turn our marriage into a dull and predictable routine.
1. Treat each day as a gift from God. Say, “I love you,” at least once a day.
2. View your spouse as the favor of God on your life. Give your spouse a 90-second hug every morning.
3. Spend time with your children, as if they were leaving home tomorrow. And, have you smiled lately at your kids?
4. Say the kind things now to your spouse, that you would say about him to others, if anything ever happened to your spouse.
5. Make a life of “no regrets” your daily goal.
6. Look your spouse in the eye, and listen with love and humility when he is speaking to you.
7. Settle the disagreements between you, as if this were the last day of your life.
8. Ask your spouse to tell you the times you have damaged his heart. Don’t attempt to excuse or explain away your wrong behavior.
9. With sincerity say, “I am truly sorry. What I did was wrong. I ask you to please forgive me.”
10. Extend the same grace to your spouse that Jesus Christ has extended to you, through His shed blood on the Cross. We need to be like Jesus and give our spouse, what he needs, not what he deserves.
Proverbs 12:25 “Worry weighs a person down; an encouraging word cheers a person up.”
To leave a comment:
• If you are reading this post in email form, click the article headline. This will take you to the article on MMCW’s website.
• Scroll down until you see the box entitled ‘Speak Your Mind’.
• Enter your name, email (it will not be published) and your website or blogsite if you have one (you do not have to have one).
• Click on the big empty space and then begin typing your comments.
• When you are done, click ‘submit comment’. That’s it! We look forward to hearing from YOU!