With spring in full swing and summer ahead, we will be enjoying parties outdoors. Simplify the picnic setup by combining the silverware, napkin and placemat into one designer bundle. With five, six-inch straight stitches you can make these functional placemats. They are wonderful gifts for a new bride too!
Materials needed: tea towel, 34-inch-long ribbon, sewing machine.
Fold the end of the tea towel up to form a 6-inch pocket. Stitch along the edges. Stitch a 3-inch pocket on the left side for for the silverware pocket. Stitch a 5-inch pocket on the right side for the napkin pocket. Fold ribbon in half and stitch to the right napkin pocket.
Optional: Personalize the placemat with the initial of your last name. If you do not have access to an embroidery machine, you can purchase an iron-on embroidery initial.
To leave a comment:
- If you are reading this post in email form, click the article headline. This will take you to the article on MMCW’s website.
- Scroll down until you see the box entitled ‘Speak Your Mind’.
- Enter your name, email (it will not be published) and your website or blogsite if you have one (you do not have to have one).
- Click on the big empty space and then begin typing your comments.
- When you are done, click ‘submit comment’. That’s it! We look forward to hearing from YOU!