We all know any recipe that includes a bag of Hershey Kisses is going to be a keeper.
This is one of those recipes.
I’ve had it so long I’ve forgotten exactly who gave it to me although I know it was a co-worker years ago. When I brought it out earlier in the month and made it for breakfast my kids just about had a fit (that’s Southern for real excited). It was their first time to eat a chocolate coffee cake.
If you’re looking for a wonderful Valentine’s breakfast / brunch coffee cake, give this one a try. You can easily adapt this coffee cake to the size you want it to be. For a coffee cake that fills your bundt pan, double this one.
Chocolate Kisses Coffee Cake
16 Hershey Kisses
1 can of refrigerated biscuits (8 count)
1/2 stick melted butter
Cinnamon to sprinkle
Powdered sugar to sprinkle
Remove Hershey Kisses from wrappers. Divide each biscuit dough in half to create 16 biscuit pieces. Flatten dough and put one Hershey Kiss in the center and wrap dough around it. Make sure the dough seals good so the chocolate does not seep out. Put each ball into a sprayed bundt pan. Drizzle melted butter over coffee cake and sprinkle with cinnamon to your taste.
Bake for 15 minutes or until biscuits are brown in a 350 degree oven. Allow to cool for a few minutes then turn out onto a serving plate. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Enjoy biting into the flaky biscuit dough to find warm melted chocolate.
To leave a comment:
- If you are reading this post in email form, click the article headline. This will take you to the article on MMCW’s website.
- Scroll down until you see the box entitled ‘Speak Your Mind’.
- Enter your name, email (it will not be published) and your website or blogsite if you have one (you do not have to have one).
- Click on the big empty space and then begin typing your comments.
- When you are done, click ‘submit comment’. That’s it! We look forward to hearing from YOU!