While a wife might believe the loneliest man she knows is a widower or a single male, it very well could be her husband.
1. In Genesis God looks at Adam and says, “It’s not good that man be alone.”
2. This was before sin had entered the world — so his loneliness and desire for a companion were part of God’s design.
3. When women lose their husbands, 75% of them never remarry, but when a man loses his wife 80% remarry.
4. Studies show that most American men say they do not have one close friend — in other words they are lonely.
5. Wise is the wife who chooses to be her husband’s friend — even buddy — she will be meeting one of his deepest needs.
6. Men need shoulder to shoulder communication rather than face to face communication, which means wives need to hang out with their husbands.
7. Wives need to do the things a buddy would do with her husband — work on a car, go fishing, watch a ball game and eat good food (or at least hang out, while he does).
8. A survey of 400 divorced men said the number one trait they admired and wanted in their next wife was, “to be my best friend.”
Proverbs 18:24 “A man of many companions may come to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.”
Wives – why not be that friend/buddy?
Remember, marriage is for better for worse for keeps.
To leave a comment:
- If you are reading this post in email form, click the article headline. This will take you to the article on MMCW’s website.
- Scroll down until you see the box entitled ‘Speak Your Mind’.
- Enter your name, email (it will not be published) and your website or blogsite if you have one (you do not have to have one).
- Click on the big empty space and then begin typing your comments.
- When you are done, click ‘submit comment’. That’s it! We look forward to hearing from YOU!