While a wife might believe the loneliest man she knows is a widower or a single male, it very well could be her husband.
1. In Genesis God looks at Adam and says, “It’s not good that man be alone.”
2. This was before sin had entered the world — so his loneliness and desire for a companion were part of God’s design.
3. When women lose their husbands, 75% of them never remarry, but when a man loses his wife 80% remarry.
4. Studies show that most American men say they do not have one close friend — in other words they are lonely.
5. Wise is the wife who chooses to be her husband’s friend — even buddy — she will be meeting one of his deepest needs.
6. Men need shoulder to shoulder communication rather than face to face communication, which means wives need to hang out with their husbands.
7. Wives need to do the things a buddy would do with her husband — work on a car, go fishing, watch a ball game and eat good food (or at least hang out, while he does).
8. A survey of 400 divorced men said the number one trait they admired and wanted in their next wife was, “to be my best friend.”
Proverbs 18:24 “A man of many companions may come to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.”
Wives – why not be that friend/buddy?
Remember, marriage is for better for worse for keeps.
To leave a comment:
- If you are reading this post in email form, click the article headline. This will take you to the article on MMCW’s website.
- Scroll down until you see the box entitled ‘Speak Your Mind’.
- Enter your name, email (it will not be published) and your website or blogsite if you have one (you do not have to have one).
- Click on the big empty space and then begin typing your comments.
- When you are done, click ‘submit comment’. That’s it! We look forward to hearing from YOU!
About Cheryl Moeller
Cheryl Moeller has been married to her best friend Bob for 30 years. They are the parents of six children, one son-in-law, and three lively dogs. She uses her over-the-counter-top stand up comedy at women's groups and retreats, prays like it's her full-time job, writes a syndicated humor column, blogs about life with lots of kids at www.momlaughs.blogspot.com, and authors books such as Keep Courting: 100 Ways to Keep Courting After Marriage (purchase on their website) and Marriage Miracle (Harvest House 2010). Bob and Cheryl's passion is to connect two hearts for a lifetime. They have co-founded For Better For Worse For Keeps Ministries www.bobandcherylmoeller.com.
- Web |
- More Posts(73)