Create drama and coziness for a Valentine dinner party this year. Pull in your wrought iron table from the deck (wooden or plastic will work well too). Position the table in the living room in front of the fireplace and drape with white sheets.
I used three sheets to fully cover the table and cinched the sheets together at the bottom with a ribbon to keep feet from getting tangled.
Place a tablecloth on top as the topper. I used a black 80-inch cloth to cover my 60-inch table.
Next, set the table with china and silverware and make a fire in the fireplace. Light candles around the room when guests first arrive. Then relax and plan on spending the evening by the fire with good company.
Plate the salad 30 minutes before your guests arrive. Make the soup ahead of time and re-heat in the crock-pot to eliminate the risk of scorching. Assemble the stuffed pasta shells a day or two ahead and start cooking them 30 minutes before guests arrive. If you choose chicken pot pie for the main dish, assemble it the day before and begin cooking 30 minutes before guests arrive. Parmesan bread can be cut and buttered the morning of your party, then popped in the oven 15 minutes before you are ready to eat.
Following dinner, throw another log on the fire and serve Creamy Cheesecake and coffee. You may even want to have a cheese cake topping bar set up. Toppings can include whipping cream, cherries, chocolate syrup, lemon curd, and chopped nuts (almond slivers, pecans).
To leave a comment:
- If you are reading this post in email form, click the article headline. This will take you to the article on MMCW’s website.
- Scroll down until you see the box entitled ‘Speak Your Mind’.
- Enter your name, email (it will not be published) and your website or blogsite if you have one (you do not have to have one).
- Click on the big empty space and then begin typing your comments.
- When you are done, click ‘submit comment’. That’s it! We look forward to hearing from YOU!