Teach these practical, transferable 12 crucial life lessons to help your children make wise choices, each day. From truths learned from personal experience, we want to encourage you to teach your children these disaster-busters. (They work well for adults, too.)
1) Apologize quickly and sincerely as soon as you realize that you’ve wronged someone (particularly your parents and siblings).
2) Never feel sorry for yourself (self-pity is another form of pride).
3) Stay in control of your emotions.
4) Never burn bridges behind you in relationships.
5) Nothing is ever gained by quitting.
6) Remember, there are more people counting on you than you realize.
7) Don’t forget that God is at work, even when you can’t see it. God is working right now, in ways you don’t know.
8) Love your family!
9) Meet every day with prayer, praise, and God’s Word.
10) Stay connected to the hearts of your family (particularly in a time of testing). To solve a problem with another person, soften your own heart first.
11) Listen to those who love you, before making a life-changing decision.
12) A good name is more valuable than great wealth.
2 Corinthians 7:10 “Godly sorrow brings repentance that leads to salvation and leaves no regret.“
About Cheryl Moeller
Cheryl Moeller has been married to her best friend Bob for 30 years. They are the parents of six children, one son-in-law, and three lively dogs. She uses her over-the-counter-top stand up comedy at women's groups and retreats, prays like it's her full-time job, writes a syndicated humor column, blogs about life with lots of kids at www.momlaughs.blogspot.com, and authors books such as Keep Courting: 100 Ways to Keep Courting After Marriage (purchase on their website) and Marriage Miracle (Harvest House 2010). Bob and Cheryl's passion is to connect two hearts for a lifetime. They have co-founded For Better For Worse For Keeps Ministries www.bobandcherylmoeller.com.
- Web |
- More Posts(73)