Did you know that 1% of couples that pray together, divorce?
But, do you find it difficult to pray with your spouse? Maybe the words come awkwardly or not at all. Let us make a simple suggestion that could turn things around. To start with, why not begin each day by praying the Lord’s Prayer found in Matthew, chapter 6 together?
Matthew 6: 9-15 “This, then, is how you should pray: ” ‘Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name, your kingdom come, your will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us today our daily bread. Forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one. For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.'” Amen.
What will you be doing in this prayer?
1. Telling God He is your Father
2. That you desire to do His will.
3. Asking Him to provide your family with your daily bread.
4. Confessing that you need to forgive each other, to be forgiven.
5. Imploring God to deliver you from temptation that could ruin your relationship.
If prayed sincerely, God will answer.
Remember, marriage is for better, for worse, and for keeps.