A painful and perplexing family crisis can erupt without warning. It can demoralize and distract our marriage and family. Family crises can include physical, mental, emotional, behavioral, spiritual, or financial problems.
Learn how to strengthen yourself in God when things hit bottom:
1. Seek together God’s guidance before deciding on a plan of action.
“He guides the humble in what is right and teaches them his way.” Psalm 25:9
2. Believe God can restore everything and everyone you thought beyond rescue.
“The people walking in darkness have seen a great light; on those living in the land of the shadow of death a light has dawned.” Isaiah 9:2
3. As God shows your family mercy, show mercy to other families in pain.
“Learn to do right! Seek justice, encourage the oppressed. Defend the cause of the fatherless, plead the case of the widow.” Isaiah 1:17
4. Only God can take our family heartaches and transform them into a blessing.
“…Each one was bitter in spirit because of his sons and daughters. But David found strength in the Lord his God.”
1 Samuel 30:6
5. Trust that God has a plan for your family and it’s at work right now.
“Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock.” Matthew 7:24