“When Jesus reached the spot, he looked up and said to him, “Zacchaeus, come down immediately. I must stay at your house today.” So he came down at once and welcomed him gladly. All the people saw this and began to mutter, “He has gone to be the guest of a sinner. “But Zacchaeus stood up and said to the Lord, “Look, Lord! Here and now I give half of my possessions to the poor, and if I have cheated anybody out of anything, I will pay back four times the amount.” Jesus said to him, “Today salvation has come to this house, because this man, too, is a son of Abraham. For the Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost.” Luke 19:5-10
Learn How to Defeat a Self-focused Lifestyle from Zacchaeus:
1. Accept Jesus’ invitation to enter into close and intimate friendship with Him.
2. Be willing to abandon your position of sitting out life.
3. Don’t listen to what others are saying about you – focus on what God is saying to you.
4. Decide here and now you there is more joy in giving than taking.
5. Focus on making the remainder of your life a blessing to others.
6. Make restitution wherever possible.
7. Let your new identity in Christ, not your career or achievements, define who you are.
8. Never forget how far God has gone to seek you out.
Remember, marriage is for better for worse for keeps.
When I Survey the Wondrous Cross
Isaac Watts 1707
- When I survey the wondrous cross
On which the Prince of glory died,
My richest gain I count but loss,
And pour contempt on all my pride.
- Forbid it, Lord, that I should boast,
Save in the death of Christ my God!
All the vain things that charm me most,
I sacrifice them to His blood.
- See from His head, His hands, His feet,
Sorrow and love flow mingled down!
Did e’er such love and sorrow meet,
Or thorns compose so rich a crown?
- Were the whole realm of nature mine,
That were a present far too small;
Love so amazing, so divine,
Demands my soul, my life, my all.