“Dear children, let’s not merely say that we love each other, let us show the truth by our actions.” I John 3: 18 NLT
Even after graduating from college, I still had much to learn. Thankfully, I also had a willing teacher: our family cat, Thor.
We learn the great lessons of life in many ways. When animals teach, they come straight to the point. Thor taught by example. Here’s what I learned about showing and expressing love:
* Spend lots of time together…you don’t always need a stimulating conversation or activity. Quiet time together is a good thing.
* When those you love feel bad, show them how much you care. Be near their side.
* Make eye contact. Your emotions are revealed when you look at the one you love.
* Be a good listener. Sometimes you need only listen.
* Show your loyalty and faithfulness at every opportunity. These are gifts money cannot buy.
* Be thankful for the companionship of one another….even if they’re not like you.
The love lessons I’ve learned apply perfectly to people and animals alike. Be a student of love. You’ll be surprised at what you can learn…even from the family pet!
To leave a comment:
- If you are reading this post in email form, click the article headline. This will take you to the article on MMCW’s website.
- Scroll down until you see the box entitled ‘Speak Your Mind’.
- Enter your name, email (it will not be published) and your website or blogsite if you have one (you do not have to have one).
- Click on the big empty space and then begin typing your comments.
- When you are done, click ‘submit comment’. That’s it! We look forward to hearing from YOU!