Why is it dangerously wrong to have a close friendship with someone of the opposite sex?
Here are eight:
1. If they are similar in age or potentially attractive to you, there is a problem.
2. Every love affair begins as a friendship, just as your marriage did.
3. As you spend time alone together (or even in a group), a deeper connection can develop.
4. You can learn to turn to them for emotional support (rather than your spouse).
5. The energy that should go to your spouse, now goes to your friendship with this other person.
6. Once the two of you share secrets, you’ve entered the danger zone.
7. Your emotional bond easily opens the door to a physical one.
8. Your heart is now divided in a way God never intended it to be.
“Drink water from your own cistern, running water from your own well.” Proverbs 5:15
“Guard your heart above all else, for it determines the course of your life.” Proverbs 4:23
“Run from sexual sin! No other sin so clearly affects the body as this one does. For sexual immorality is a sin against your own body.“1 Corinthians 6:18
“And so dear brothers and sisters, I plead with you to give your bodies to God because of all He has done for you. Let them be a living and holy sacrifice-the kind He will find acceptable. This is truly the way to worship Him. Don’t copy the behaviors and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.”Romans 12:1-2
Remember, marriage is for better for worse for keeps.