A new mom can be overwhelmed with all of the changes going on in her body, her home, and her family.
5 ways to minister to a new mom
1. If there are other children in the home offer to take care of them for an afternoon or a day.
2. Offer to bring a meal complete with dessert.
3. Bring paper goods to keep kitchen clean up to a minimum. (Paper plates, plastic ware, napkins, and plastic cups.)
4. Offer to keep the newborn so mom and dad can have a date night or mom and dad can have a special time with big brothers and sisters.
5. If you know the new mom well, offer to do laundry or dishes for her.
For a new mom even the simplest act will mean a great deal. Look around and offer to help in a way that you might appreciate as a new mom.