With the price of groceries going up weekly it is difficult to find ways to cut the cost of eating. Here are some suggestions that may help.
· Check weekly grocery ads and take advantage of “specials.”
· Buy in bulk when possible and use freezer and pantry space.
· Buy one, get one free is a great way to stock up your pantry.
· Plan your meals before you shop instead of in the store.
· Make a list and remember to take it with you. It will prevent you from buying things you do not need and remind you to get things you do.
· Try store brand items. If they are not the quality you are accustomed to you can always go back to the brand name you like. It will save you money if you find they are of equal quality.
· Clip and use coupons. Stores have cycles they put things on sale. Coupons are most effective when you can use them while the item is on sale. (Some stores double coupons up to a certain amount.) Be sure to check the internet for coupons as well as the local paper.
· Be a price checker. If you can get the same item a little less expensively at another store, see if your store will price match. It is more work but it can save you money.
· Watch for fruits, vegetables, and even meats that may be in season. When they are on sale, purchase and freeze. Having a freezer is a huge asset when it comes to preserving meats and vegetables. I stock my freezer in the summer and we are able to eat from it all year. I also buy meat according to seasons. Turkeys are super cheap at Thanksgiving. Hams are less expensive at Christmas and Easter. Hamburger meat goes on sale around the 4th of July.
Be a careful shopper, and you may surprised how much you’ll save.
About Page Hughes
Page Hughes is a Jesus loving party girl who is always ready to have fun! She has been married to Dr. Les Hughes for over 30 years and they reside in Alabaster, Alabama. Les and Page have been blessed with 4 amazing children and 4 fabulous grand children who are the source of many great illustrations. Page loves people well through ministering to their hurts, cooking delicious meals, and partying with the purpose of leading others to a deeper relationship with Jesus. Page’s goal in life is to go to heaven when she dies and take as many people as she can with her.
- Web |
- More Posts(140)