|Your Best You: Discovering and Developing the Strengths God Gave You|
Have you ever wanted to break free from unhealthy habits or a negative lifestyle? Then Your Best You by Bonnie Grove might be just what you are looking for. Whether you want to quit smoking, overeating or storing up clutter, you will learn through this book how to use your strengths to overcome your weaknesses.
Grove clearly explains how to do an inventory of your strengths, likes, and goals (among other things) to enjoy living in freedom from the activities or choices that would entangle us. She provides not only the forms to fill in right in the chapter itself, but she also includes her own personal form filled out so you can clearly see how it should be done. Seeing her true-to-life form gives a glimpse into another woman’s journey to discovering her best self.
As you work through this 185-page book (which includes all your forms and hers) you will uncover your true goals and dreams. A the same time you will recognize the goals and dreams you’ve been striving for that you thought should be yours or what others communicated you should own.
Throughout the book, Grove points the reader to Scripture, prayer and God’s active involvement in your life, your strengths and desires. As you journey through the book, you will be engaging with God through Bible reading, prayer and journaling. It is a valuable resource you will work through once and keep on hand to go through again and again. It will help you see yourself, your friends and family with eyes that look for strengths instead of weakness as you break free from the things that entangle you.
Please enjoy the interview with Bonnie Grove about Your Best You in today’s TalkShoe podcast.
To leave a comment:
- If you are reading this post in email form, click the article headline. This will take you to the article on MMCW’s website.
- Scroll down until you see the box entitled ‘Speak Your Mind’.
- Enter your name, email (it will not be published) and your website or blog site if you have one (you do not have to have one).
- Click on the big empty space and then begin typing your comments.
- When you are done, click ‘submit comment’. That’s it! We look forward to hearing from YOU!