Contained within Scripture God promises answers to whatever life hurls our way. In fact, everything we need for life and godliness dwells within its pages. The more we take time out of the busyness of our lives to glean from God’s Word and memorize it, the stronger we become in our faith and walk with our Savior.
Here are a few simple ways to hide the Word in your heart:
1) Find a friend who desires to memorize too. A partner on this journey keeps each person accountable and motivates us to stay at it.
2) Decide whether you and the friend will memorize the same verses in the same version or have a variety.
3) Set up a day each week to review the verses together and share the truths learned from the verse. This can be done in person or over the phone.
4) Purchase 3 by 5 index cards either in the form of a spiral notebook or purchase a photo album and place the cards in it.
5) Always carry the cards and strategically place them where they can be spotted throughout the day.
6) Strive to read the verses out loud at least three times a day.
7) Select verses with promises or solutions to present day problems or verses that praise God for who He is as well as what He does.
8) Review previously memorized verses throughout the week.
9) Seek ways to apply the Scriptures to life.
10) Pray for the Lord to reveal ways the memorized verses may be given to encourage others and strive to share at least one verse a week.
The promise of Psalm 119:105 guarantees direction to our lives, as it says, “Thy Word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.” (NASB) Take the steps to know the Lord better by hiding His Word in the heart.