“…the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.” Galatians 5:22-23
1. The gift of Love – Know unconditional love.
“In your unfailing love you will lead the people you have redeemed. In your strength you will guide them to your holy dwelling.” Exodus 15:13
2. The gift of Joy – Thrill your heart and others with His joy! Rap it up!
“Splendor and majesty are before him; strength and joy in his dwelling place. Ascribe to the LORD, O families of nations, ascribe to the LORD glory and strength, ascribe to the LORD the glory due his name. Bring an offering and come before him; worship the LORD in the splendor of his holiness.” Deut. 16:27-29
3. The gift of Peace – Jesus has promised us peace. Jesus speaks to us and reminds us of this truth!
“He who does not love me will not obey my teaching. These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me. All this I have spoken while still with you. But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you. Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.” John 14:24-27
4. The gift of Patience – Wear and share the new clothes of patience! You are looking good!
“Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.” Colossians 3:12
5. The gift of Kindness – Treasure kindness, but it doesn’t need to be rare.
“Don’t be afraid,” David said to him, “for I will surely show you kindness for the sake of your father Jonathan. I will restore to you all the land that belonged to your grandfather Saul, and you will always eat at my table.” 2 Samuel 9:7
6. The gift of Goodness – Don’t let the goodness of the Lord pass you by.
“And the LORD said, ‘I will cause all my goodness to pass in front of you, and I will proclaim my name, the LORD, in your presence. I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.’” Exodus 33:19
7. The gift of Faithfulness – New every morning is God’s gift of faithfulness.
“Because of the LORD’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, “The LORD is my portion; therefore I will wait for him.’” Lamentations 3:22-24
8. The gift of Gentleness – Gentleness brings the Lord near.
“Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near.” Philippians 4:5
9. The gift of Self Control – A gift to our family is not only what we do, but also what we don’t do, that is called Self Control.
“Whatever happens, conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ.” Philippians. 1:27
10. The gift of Salvation – The only gift you can’t live without. Salvation is the gift of eternal and infinite value, free to all.
“For God did not appoint us to suffer wrath but to receive salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ.” I Thessalonians 5:9