Why is it I can never find what I need when I need it? Moments like that are even more stressful during the holiday season, when everyone is waiting for me to light the candles or load batteries into a new toy.
Tucking a few must-have items into a handy basket can help eliminate some of the stress during the holidays. Choose a small basket that you can slip into a drawer or cabinet. Load it with essentials you’ll need during the season. Don’t forget to return items to the basket after using them, so they will be there next time.
Items you may want to include are:
- Tape and scissors
- A few extra self-sticking gift tags, small gift bags and tissue paper
- Assortment of different size batteries
- Precision screw driver set for opening battery compartments in toys
- Stamps and thank you notes
- Lighter or matches for candles
- Tea-light candles (real or battery operated)
- Padded mailing envelope
- Roll of packing tape
- Travel-size hand sanitizer
- Post It notes
- Extension cord or surge protector
About Molly Evert
Writer Molly Evert is a wife and homeschooling mom to 6 kids, who range in age from 2 to 18. She runs an educational website, My Audio School (http://www.myaudioschool.com), providing access to the best in children's audio literature. She also blogs at CounterCultural Mom (http://www.counterculturalmom.com) and CounterCultural School (http://www.counterculturalschool.com).
- Web |
- More Posts(146)