* Affiliate links included.
Last year we started our very own book club at Mentoring Moments. It made this book lover’s heart sing.
During 2015 our small Facebook group read 6 fiction and 6 non-fiction for a toal of 12 books in 2015. Our formula was to read a fictional book one month followed by a non-fiction the next month.
Our 2015 book list
* The Nesting Place: It Doesn’t Have to Be Perfect to Be Beautiful.
* Mended: Pieces of a Life Made Whole.
* Home Is Where My People Are: The Roads That Lead Us to Where We Belong.
* Interrupted: When Jesus Wrecks Your Comfortable Christianity.
* The Insanity of Obedience: Walking with Jesus in Tough Places.
* Words Unspoken.
* Show Some Love: How To Be a Friend to Someone in Recovery.
* Kisses from Katie: A Story of Relentless Love and Redemption.
* You and Me Forever: Marriage in Light of Eternity.
* Hands Free Life: Nine Habits for Overcoming Distraction, Living Better, and Loving More.
* The Christmas Joy Ride
* The Book of Luke, the Bible.
In 2016 we have some fun changes up our sleeve.
Instead of just one book a month, we’ll be reading two! One book each month will be a non-fiction title to grow us in our faith through teaching and mentoring. The second book will be a purely-for-fun fictional read. This update will allow each of us to read from the genre we enjoy and encourage us delving into another. Throughout the year, I’ll introduce you to new book club leaders as friends and staff of Mentoring Moments lead our discussions. This will be fun, gals!
Choose one or both books each month to dive into.
Don’t feel pressure to read both choices each month if that is not what you want to do. Choose one book. You can even follow our system from last year — read the fiction selection one month, the non-fiction the next. It’s up to you.
Take part in our online group.
Post your thoughts, favorite quotes, questions, and discussion comments on our Faithful Friends Facebook page. The more each of us participate with comments, the greater benefit of insight and encouragement to everyone. Make it a habit to share your thoughts with your book club friends monthly.
2016 Winter Book Club Reading List
Now for what we’ve all been waiting for — our first quarter book list! Choose to read by Kindle or hard copy. You can borrow the book from a friend, check it out from the library (what I often do), purchase from your favorite site or bookstore, or order from the links below.
- January non-fiction: Fervent: A Woman’s Battle Plan to Serious, Specific and Strategic Prayer by Priscilla Shirer.
- January fiction:A Secret Hope by Vicki Huffman.
- February non-fiction: The Meaning of Marriage: Facing the Complexities of Commitment with the Wisdom of God by Timothy Keller.
- February fiction: The Fine Art of Insincerity: A Novel by Angela Hunt.
- March non-fiction: Hiding in the Light: Why I Risked Everything to Leave Islam and Follow Jesus by Rifqa Bary.
- March fiction: Divine by Karen Kingsbury.
You are invited!
If you have not joined our Facebook group for Faithful Friends Book Club, you are invited to do so! You do have to be a Facebook member to participate in the group discussions. If you are not on Facebook, join us by reading along and posting your thoughts on the monthly book review that will be posted right here on the Mentoring Moments blog.
* What does ‘affiliate links included’ mean? Whenever you click one of the outgoing links taking you to a site that sells product, such as Amazon or DaySpring, Mentoring Moments has an affiliate agreement with them. If you place an order once you have clicked through to the other site, Mentoring Moments will receive a commission, generally less than 10% of your order. This is not a fee added to your purchase, it is fee paid to MMCW by the affiliate. 100% of all commissions go to two places. First to cover our operating expenses (service provider, domain names, any site upgrades). The second place funds go is to Christian organizations to assist in helping those in need and to spread the Gospel of Christ. MMCW staff do not take a salary, we each give freely of our time and talent to bless those who visit our site.
About Kellie Renfroe
Kellie and her husband Greg have been married 32 years and have four children ranging in age from 17 to 28. She co-founded Mentoring Moments for Christian Women in 2005. Kellie is a homeschooling mom who enjoys reading, studying the Bible, writing, photography, and learning how to cook.
- Web |
- More Posts(342)