“Buy a dozen roses, get a dozen free,” the ad in the paper said. It was perfect timing. I knew through my home business I wanted to congratulate a friend for her hard work. The flowers would be just the right thing to arrive at her door to express how excited I was about her business success. It also left me with the opportunity to send flowers to someone else, at no charge…but who?
As I walked to the phone I talked to the Lord. “Who do You want me to send these flowers to ? (I speak to the Lord in incorrect grammar, I suppose I should have said, “To whom would You like these flowers sent?”)
He gave me a name. If there’s something the Lord has been teaching me over and over, it is to do what He says when He says it. I called the florist and asked that the roses be delivered the next day. The note on the card said something like, “Thank you for being such an encouragement to so many women. We love you and are thankful for you. Love, the Ellis Family.”
A few days later I received a phone call from Pam. She expressed such gratitude and wanted me to know how the timing of the flower delivery was perfect. Pam is a Christian speaker whom I admire greatly. Do you know people that you think don’t have bad days like you do? That’s exactly what kind of day she had. She told me about a series of things that happened to her, including her dog being injured, money stolen, and a camera crew on their way to film her family the following day. She told me she was discouraged and exhausted and had sat down to talk with the Lord. She said she told the Lord that she needed encouragement. Right then the doorbell rang–at 5:30 PM–with flowers for her and a note specifically written to encourage her.
The blessing was all mine because it was fun to be a part of trusting God and just doing as He leads (and this time hearing about the results).
To leave a comment:
- If you are reading this post in email form, click the article headline. This will take you to the article on MMCW’s website.
- Scroll down until you see the box entitled ‘Speak Your Mind’.
- Enter your name, email (it will not be published) and your website or blogsite if you have one (you do not have to have one).
- Click on the big empty space and then begin typing your comments.
- When you are done, click ‘submit comment’. That’s it! We look forward to hearing from YOU!