Choose the vegetable of your choice and make homemade soup tonight!
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup flour
2 cups milk or half and half
3 cups chopped veggies (carrots, broccoli, celery, potatoes, cauliflower, etc.)
1 large onion
1 tsp salt and pepper
2 cups chicken broth
Melt butter. Add onion and saute. Slowly add flour, salt and pepper, stirring until well combined. Slowly add milk.
Meanwhile, in a separate pan, cook the vegetable in the chicken broth. When the vegetables are cooked through, combine with the milk mixture.
If you want a smooth soup instead of a chunky one, process everything together in a blender or food processor before serving. I often double this recipe to have leftovers.
To leave a comment:
- If you are reading this post in email form, click the article headline. This will take you to the article on MMCW’s website.
- Scroll down until you see the box entitled ‘Speak Your Mind’.
- Enter your name, email (it will not be published) and your website or blogsite if you have one (you do not have to have one).
- Click on the big empty space and then begin typing your comments.
- When you are done, click ‘submit comment’. That’s it! We look forward to hearing from YOU!
About Molly Evert
Writer Molly Evert is a wife and homeschooling mom to 6 kids, who range in age from 2 to 18. She runs an educational website, My Audio School (http://www.myaudioschool.com), providing access to the best in children's audio literature. She also blogs at CounterCultural Mom (http://www.counterculturalmom.com) and CounterCultural School (http://www.counterculturalschool.com).
- Web |
- More Posts(146)